- Classes for unit representatives
- Frequency: As required
- Schedule at 263-4128
PHAs (Camp Zama)
The Army will implement version 2 of the DOD Periodic Health Assessment (PHA) on 9 August, 2021. This update to the current version of the PHA includes several congressionally mandated screenings affecting Service Members (SMs) health status. Among the additional screenings are questions related to gambling disorder, and exposure to burn-pits or airborne chemicals/contaminants during deployments. The DoD PHA workflow also enables initiating an assessment in a SM’s assigned medical readiness system, and completion by providers from all Services in their designated readiness system.
Although the process for completing the assessment is unchanged, accessing the PHA via AKO is no longer available. Soldiers can start a PHA using the following procedure:
- Navigate to the MODS homepage at www.mods.army.mil
- Select the “Medical Readiness Portal” from the menu. You will be prompted to select CAC a certificate. Note: A CAC required to access MODS applications.
- Follow the prompts to navigate to your Individual Medical Readiness (IMR) page in the Medical Readiness Portal.
- Agree to HIPAA Warning and,
- Agree to Privacy Act Warning & Statement, and MODS Privacy and Uses & Disclosure.
- From your “Home Portal” dashboard, select the “Periodic Health Assessment” link under the Self Service section.
- You will be directed to the PHA application to start a new survey.
IMPORTANT: Any PHA in the current version that is not completed prior to 30 Nov 2021, will be automatically archived, and the Soldier will be required to start a new assessment to complete the annual PHA requirement. Additionally, any incomplete PHA initiated prior to 01 May 2021 will be automatically archived on 09 Aug 2021, and the Soldier will be required to start a new assessment. Additional notifications will be posted to the medical readiness applications in MODS. Attached please find ALARACT 060/2021 (DOD Periodic Heath Assessment Version 2 Implementation) for additional implementation instructions, or access it via the Army Publishing Directorate at: https://armypubs.army.mil/epubs/DR_pubs/DR_c/ARN33021-ALARACT_0602021-000-WEB-1.pdf.
For PHAs, please complete part 1 online first at
To schedule part 2 call:
Within Japan: 046-407-4128
For assistance with PHAs or Medical Readiness call
Within Japan: 046-407-4128 (I am not sure about this phone number)
Option #1, then Option #1
IF THE SOLDIER HAS OVER 90 DAYS REMAINING (90-180 Days prior to Retirement/Separation)
IF THE SOLDIER HAS LESS THAN 90 DAYS
- Soldier conducts physical through Veteran Affairs. Japan VA can be contacted at OMSCJAPANYO.VBAVACO@va.gov
- Soldier is not required to go through his/her PCM
- The Soldier is required to conduct their Retirement/ETS physical with their PCM. (Soldiers are recommend to contact the Veteran Affair as well to make sure they have all their paperwork in order).
- Call the clinic at 262-4175 to Schedule your Physical Exam
- If you have any questions about the process please call 263-4128
(Must be completed
and printed out
- DD FORM 2807-1
- Vision - Call 262-4175 to Schedule an Appointment
- Dental - Call 263-4603 to Schedule an Appointment
- Audiology - Walk-in M,T,W,F 0800-1110 and 1300-1600. Th- 0800-1100
- Laboratory Testing - Referred by PCM as needed.
- Urinalysis - Order placed by PCM
- Provider will order additional testing based on evidence based/USPSTF Guidelines
- APPOINTMENT SCHEDULING MUST BE DONE IN PERSON
- If physical has been completed more than 6 months prior to release from active duty, discharge, retirement, or leave; a DA 3081 will need to be completed and attached to the original DD 2808. AR 40-501, 8-14- (4)
Other Readiness Courses
- Tactical Combat Casualty Care:
- Tactical Combat Casualty Care – Combat Lifesaver Course (TCCC-CLS)
- Tactical Combat Casualty Care – Medical Personnel (TCCC-MP)
- Frequency: Every other month
- Schedule at DSN: 315-263-3375
- Field Sanitation
- Frequency: Once a Quarter
- Schedule at DSN: 315-263-5050
- Food Handlers Course
- Frequency: As required
- Schedule at DSN: 315-263-8504